Prof. Dr. Teksen Çamlıbel
Prof. Dr. Teksen Çamlıbel is proud to have founded the first private IVF center in Turkey and the first IVF center in Istanbul. He is the doctor who gave birth to Turkey’s first test-tube baby. In 1989, he founded the IVF Center within the International Hospital, which was one of the first implementers of ICSI technology, as well as laparoscopic surgeries and cancer surgeries in the world developments in Turkey has been one of the first implementers.
Prof.Dr. Teksen Çamlıbel, after graduating from Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine at the top of her class, took the exam she won and went to Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical College of Ohio in the USA for her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After her residency, she completed her upper specialization in Gynecologic Oncology (Women’s Cancers) at Albany Medical College of New York in New York. She worked as a faculty member at the same university after her post-specialization:
- In 1985, he founded the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Marmara University.
- In 1989, she established Istanbul’s first IVF center at International Hospital.
- He opened Jinemed’s first center in Nişantaşı in 1989.
- In 2000, he opened the Private Kalamış Medical and IVF Center in Kalamış, the surgical center of Jinemed.
- In 2005, he opened FulyaJinemed Hospital(now OtaJinemed) in Fulya, a general hospital that provides services in many different medical branches (from Cardiac Diseases to Neurosurgery, Orthopedics to Neurology) in addition to IVF and women’s health.
- In 2006, he opened Jinemed Bursa in Bahar Hospital in Bursa.
- In 2010, he founded Jinemed in Baku Medical Plaza Hospital in Baku, Azerbaijan, as the IVF department of the hospital.
- In 2011, the first infertility hospital in Basra, Iraq started to serve as Jinemed in Almanar.
- As of 2018, he continues his work at the American Hospital in Nişantaşı, Istanbul and MedAmerican Medical Center in Bağdat Street.
- In 2021, she founded Opal Clinic.